News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

how to print extended numbers?

Started by thomas_remkus, August 27, 2009, 03:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas_remkus

Ray ... can you tell us what the site is? I have solved 10 PE and working on more. PE's submissions seem to be locked so even though I have solutions I can't seem to post my answers. Also, I have yet to find a forum where I can discuss what I did and get feedback. If you know of a place let me know.

raymond

QuoteI can't seem to post my answers

Do you mean you can't enter your result and find out if it correct or not,
or do you mean you can't post your code on the forum after your solution is accepted as correct???

If it is the latter, those fora were designed primarily for educational purposes. Most of the posts are definitely not educational as far as I'm concerned. Most simply post their source code without any explanation, often in a language which is not understandable. In order to keep the data base within reasonable limits, it was decided that once the number of posts to a problem exceeds 100, such forum would be locked on the belief that no significant addition to the knowledge base could be anticipated.

I can remember one member contacting me to re-open one forum because he thought his algo running in less than 200 ms was a major advancement. I replied that, if he would be sufficiently tenacious and study carefully the available posts, he could come up with an algo running in less than 5 ms (less than 1 ms in assembly). I even wrote a PDF on the subject. He has not made any other such request.

As for the other "minor leagur" site, you can find it at:
http://www.cstutoringcenter.com/problems/

Although that site also has a forum, it is NOT for posting nor discussing source code. If you are coding in assembly, we could certainly exchange info for some of the problems (solved by both of us) on a personal basis.
When you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time
http://www.ray.masmcode.com

dedndave

dedndave