News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

tabbed windows and forcing child windows

Started by Slugsnack, July 14, 2009, 08:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tedd

What you need to do is pipe the input/output/error streams of the process you create to run the program (ping, trace, whatever) and that will give you the text - which you can display where and how you want.
I don't know of any way to directly embed the window of a completely separate program into another - the best you can do is redirect its input/output and render it to make it look like it's where you want (while hiding the window of the original.)
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.

dedndave

or - act like an exec function and run it as though you were cmd.exe - a lot of work - lol

Slugsnack

Quote from: Tedd on July 15, 2009, 09:35:17 PM
What you need to do is pipe the input/output/error streams of the process you create to run the program (ping, trace, whatever) and that will give you the text - which you can display where and how you want.
I don't know of any way to directly embed the window of a completely separate program into another - the best you can do is redirect its input/output and render it to make it look like it's where you want (while hiding the window of the original.)

will look at piping when i get home. but not gonna give up on the current method so soon.. had a few more ideas overnight

//edit : decided to try piping and got it working, thanks for your help everyone