News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Thanks Jeremy

Started by donkey, June 21, 2009, 12:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

I've been using GoAsm exclusively for a number of years now (since 2002), originally I tried it only to write a RadAsm implementation for it but when I was shopping for a new assembler (when MASM changed their license to the current draconian one) I tried several and stuck with GoAsm. In the years since Jeremy have improved the assembler immeasurably, adding Unicode, enhancing structures (even though he is not a fan of them) to the point where they easily surpass MASM in flexibility, adding library support when I needed zlib, adding 64 bit when MASM only offered a stripped down crippled version for the new generation of processors. He has even written code specifically to deal with problems encountered in my header project, and now run time comparisons like IF/ENDIF and SWITCH/CASE are on the horizon.

Nothing else to say but thank you Jeremy !
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Mark Jones

A concur whole-heartedly. Jeremy has not only created a magnificent tool, but maintained (and expanded it) by mere user suggestions. He has been very open and accepting to other's wishes and thoughts, and this places his products into a realm of their own. Cheers mate! :bg
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08