News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

NEED HELP

Started by rahul36, May 08, 2009, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rahul36

I WANT TO LEARN ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE(MICROPROCESSOR 8086)...CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.....PLEASE....I'M A NEW LEARNER....PLEASE HELP ME

UtillMasm

:red
ok, i will do my best.

btw, can you give me a 8086 cpu, now i only have a intel core duo cpu. :toothy

dedndave

Hi Rahul
  Learning 16-bit code is not difficult at all. But, I am afraid it is quickly becoming obsolete. You may want to consider learning 32-bit code
to start with, and save yourself some time. If you still want to learn 16-bit code, we have a special forum just for that. Either way,
welcome to the MASM32 forum.
  - Dave

rahul36

thanks 4 ur time..but any how i have to learn...i have some programming knowledge in c/c++,visual basics...but now i have to learn assembly language any how.....please if you guys can help me please guide me

redskull

just buy the textbook your professor has recommended for the class.... :P
Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government

peaslee

Hey, guys, isn't this the safe area for new programmers?  :naughty:

Anyway, I got a lot out of this series of tutorials: http://win32assembly.online.fr.
Bruce Peaslee
"Reality is a crutch for those who can't do drugs."

redskull

Quote from: peaslee on May 08, 2009, 03:11:32 PM
Hey, guys, isn't this the safe area for new programmers?  :naughty:

Fair enough, though there is a separate forum for 16-bit code.  In either case, the best book I've ever read is the Peter Norton Assembly Language Book for the IBM PC (albeit somewhat outdated), ISBN 0-13-661901-0.  It can generally be found used for just the cost of shipping.  Let's hope the OP continues to contribute to the forum and give back to others after the semester is over...

-a
Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government

rahul36

thanks redskull....
if you don't mind can you give some idea like from where to start??how to???

dedndave

Rahul, I used Iczelion's tutorial to get started, but have switched over
to Kip Irvine's, now that I have the basics down.
Both are available online (google)

BlackVortex

Haha, so desperate !

dedndave

good to see such enthusiasm, eh BlackVortex   :U

hutch--

We actually have clear rules about students asking other people to do their work for them and grovelling to get assistance. If a student will do their own university course work, they will get help here but no-one will do the basics for them.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

rahul36

thanks dedndave...thanks for your support....

rahul36

I'm not asking others to do my job....I'm just asking for their help....to get me started...i tried studyng my university book but it isn't clear enough,for a beginer....thats y i asked help here....

rahul36

redskull...thanks for that book...really its a very good book....now i'm getting something..i can understand litl bit now