MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

StartBar Version 1.0

Started by Biterider, March 21, 2005, 04:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P1

Biterider,

Let us know when you have updated the source on your website.

Regards,  P1  :8)

Biterider

Hi,
Sources are updated. Current version in the about dialog is 1.0.2

Regards,
Biterider

Biterider

Hi Phoenix!
To manage a bigger number of buttons, I suggest to split them in more StartBars. On my desktop I have running 4, MS-Office, General, Firm and Private.

About the button size, I can add an edit box to adjust the button width, but the height is given by the icon size. StartBar is using 32x32 icons, the next smaller size is 16x16 which is, in my eyes, too small...

Regards,

Biterider

Biterider

Hi!
I have added new features to the StartBar:

• Flexible button width setup; each button can have its own width or follow the default button value.
  • Variable Icon size from 16 to 72 pixel.
  • Separators to group buttons in the same StartBar.

I uploaded the .exe file into the first post. It has the version number 1.0.4.  :8)

Regards,

Biterider

Phoenix

Hi Biterider,

I like the new features  :thumbu !!!

Regards, phoenix

Biterider

Hi!
Some new features added to the StartBar (Version 1.0.5)

• Buttons can be shown without icons, only text.  :8)
  • Cursor shape management.
  • Better information conversion when files are dropped into the bar.
  • Directories can be dropped from the explorer pane.

The .exe file was updated in the above post and all sources with remarks are available on the ObjAsm32 homepage.

Enjoy it,   :bg

Biterider

Biterider

Hi!
In first instance I write this app to fulfil my own needs, but I was asked if I can add new features like scheduled tasks and delayed launch after startup.

If somebody is interested in enhanced features of the StartBar, please don't hesitate to post the suggestions here.  :8)

Regards,

Biterider

Biterider

Hi
Does somebody know how to use the drag and drop functionality to pass an internet address from the Internet Explorer address combobox to an own application?  ::)

Regards,

Biterider

P1

Quote from: Biterider on March 30, 2005, 09:50:43 AMDoes somebody know how to use the drag and drop functionality to pass an internet address from the Internet Explorer address combobox to an own application?  ::)
AFAIK, That Combo Text Box does not support that functionality, But I do know, the Clipboard functions work there with the cut-n-paste.

But you can also output a link from the Send menu item, which will work with the drag and drop, at that point.

Biterider

Hi P1
Thanks for your replay! When I try to drag and drop a link from the IE Link ComboBox to the desktop or MS-Word it works, but with any other app it denies to drop the link. I guess that it should be a registration issue or something like this, but I don't know it... Any ideas?

Regards, Biterider

thomasantony

Hi,
  Add someway to stop multiple instances of the program from running.

Thomas :U
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Programmer's Directory. Submit for free

Biterider

Hi tomasantony
I added an initialization check that looks if a previous instance is running that uses the same .ini file. By this way, you can have multiple bars running but not using the same configuration file.
If you are sharing a bar with others in a LAN and you don't want that it was changed, set the bit 4 of the Flags key in the App section of the .ini file to 1.

New version 1.0.6 uploaded

Regards,

Biterider

P1

Quote from: Biterider on March 30, 2005, 08:05:40 PMWhen I try to drag and drop a link from the IE Link ComboBox to the desktop or MS-Word it works, but with any other app it denies to drop the link. I guess that it should be a registration issue or something like this, but I don't know it... Any ideas?
In MASM32, under EXAMPLE3, is a drag & drop handler, it was be in place before a app, can process the drag&drop from the shell.  Not all apps have this functionality.

Biterider

Hi P1
Thanks fort he hint, but the approach used in Example3 is basically the same I use for drag & drop of files from the Shell or the Explorer into the StartBar and can also be found in the Windows documentation. In the case of the IE, MS is using somewhat different to implement the drag & drop of links and I don't know what the trick is...
Regards,
Biterider

P1

Biterider,

I just tried tried to drag&drop from IE6 address box to Word2K on W2Kpro, it would let me.

What are you doing?  I'm curious now.