MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Searching for imports

Started by donkey, April 08, 2009, 05:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

Hi Jeremy,

This is not a bug but a request. When searching for imports from DLLs is it possible to have a warning instead of an error when a DLL is not found ? The problem is that the header files when LINKFILES is defined will automatically include any related DLLs whether they exist or not as long as the header is included. Normally this would be a good thing however, since people are requesting an INCLUDEALL type switch it normally kicks out fairly early and it is not possible to have an order that will match all cases. I would say that if an import cannot be found that should always generate a fatal error, however if a DLL cannot be found it should simply be skipped and a warning issued (or none at all), by the time all DLLs are searched if an import is still not found then an error is issued and assembly is stopped otherwise the missing DLL was not needed anyway so it should have been ignored.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

jorgon

Hi Edgar

Yes this can be done.
I'll come back to you.
Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)

mitchi

GoAsm is getter better and better  :bg

jorgon

Hi Edgar

This is now included in the latest GoLink (Version 0.26.10) which I have uploaded to the Go tools website, together with all the latest "Go" tools versions, previously published in bits and pieces on this site.

Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)