MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

I need info on flat binaries =)

Started by SunSpyda, April 12, 2009, 04:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BogdanOntanu

Quote from: mitchi on April 14, 2009, 11:58:20 PM
I think that creating your own operating system is probably something you can do alone if you are a very experienced programmer with lots of time to read through complicated documentation and learn specialized knowledge.

Yes... but also add "a lot of patience".

... Bodgan, I see that you've created one :Solar_OS, which part of the coding did you enjoy most? And which part did you dislike most ?

I must admit that I have enjoyed each and every part of coding and designing Solar_OS. And I am still enjoying it because it is not yet "finished" and a new release is on the way.

Hence if the OP really wants to do it then against my advices above I guess he/she should "go for it" ;)

Ambition is a lame excuse for the ones not brave enough to be lazy.
http://www.oby.ro

donkey

I say go for it, the long and short of it is that if you attempt to write your own OS and fail miserably then you will at the very least learn something along the way, if you succeed then you have learned a lot. There are many projects I tackle that I begin with little to no idea how to accomplish the objectives and have to learn everything from scratch, I don't have the advantage of any training or education in programming so many things that are second nature to some are a struggle for me. This struggle makes you a better, more knowledgeable programmer, you can never walk away from a project having learned nothing, there is always a net gain even in failure.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable