MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

8086 microprocessor project

Started by vinayaksanga, April 08, 2009, 12:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinayaksanga

dear friends,

i am in need of a mini project summary on 8086 microprocessor , i just need the summary like program ,its explanation, circuit diagrams, flow chart etc...
so please help me out if you know any !!!!! i am in urgent need

hutch--

Go to the Intel site and do a search, much of the information is very exhaustive but you will have to pick your way through it.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

dedndave

The old IBM XT technical reference manual had a complete schematic for the
IBM XT, as well as the BIOS ROM assembler listing - see if you can find it
People laugh at me when I say the 8086 is powerful - lol
By todays standards, it may not be, but the first processors I worked with
were the 4004 and 8008 - It is a power-house compared to those
(gawd - I am getting old)

Mark Jones

"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

sprint

The old IBM XT technical reference manual had a complete schematic for the
IBM XT, as well as the BIOS ROM assembler listing - see if you can find it
People laugh at me when I say the 8086 is powerful - lol
By todays standards, it may not be, but the first processors I worked with
were the 4004 and 8008 - It is a power-house compared to those
(gawd - I am getting old)

Well well well well.....ppl who dont know assembly haven't got any idea as to how every high level language ultimately goes down to assembly level...u arent growing old ...its just that the new generations are ignorant about the beauty and the robustness of this very language...when i was in last semester of engineering we had a subject Cryptography and network security..i referred the book by the same name and the author was William Stallings...when read i came across something that was stunning :dazzled: - BUFFEROVERFLOW ATTACKS..so i guess that was the turning point  :dance:in my course study for me atleast

thats when i realized that its impossible to accomplish such a thing without ASSEMBLY language :U

clones

Hi everyone - I'm not a spammer - for years I tried to learn assembler to program music and graphics on my computer - starting with an 8 MHz clone, 1 360k floppy and Hercules monochrome graphics card and monitor - well.... I've finally realized that I'm not going to program in assembler again - though I really like its power and clarity of writing code (if you follow the convention of commenting each line.) Its just a realization that at 51 I'm not going to do everything and I (finally) have money to buy the code I want. (Or better yet thanks to people like you find it for free on the internet.)

I would like to give someone here an IBM XT Technical Manual ver 2.02 and it does have the complete BIOS listing and schematics (1983). I also have an IBM DOS Technical Reference manual vintage 1985.

I have a paypal account - I just would like a few bucks over shipping/packing cost from central indiana.

admin at soonlabel.com

Have a good day

Chris

PBrennick

That's funny! On the one hand you state you finally have the money to buy what you want and then, on the other hand, you ask for S&H. Doesn't ring true to me. http://www.ebay.com, I think.

hth,
Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

vanjast

I would like to give someone here an IBM XT Technical Manual ver 2.02 and it does have the complete BIOS listing and schematics (1983). I also have an IBM DOS Technical Reference manual vintage 1985.
:bg In 1985/6 you could ask me anything about the bios, and I'd open the book 'blindfolded' and point to the answer.
:cheekygreen:

PBrennick

Those were the days, weren't they? Very exciting and a lot of fun.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

raymond

And learning how to access and program the SVGA card was also a great experience.

I can remember on my 386 8-MHz box that you could almost read each line as it scrolled off the screen when using the DOS function. I then wrote my own scrolling function (which was actually drawing the pixels of each letter 8 bits at a time) and the scrolling became almost instantaneous. :8)
When you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time
http://www.ray.masmcode.com

dedndave

i have several of those old vga/svga's - i don't think they ever made 2 that were exactly the same
it was hard to write high-res code for them
by the time i almost had it figured out, win95 came along - then, you had to learn vesa
i always get strapped with some kind of special hardware device that connects to a computer one way or another
i haven't really spent as much time with graphics as i'd like
once i get to know my way around 32-bit and the kernel a bit better, i intend to play with it more