News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

GoAsm SDK Release!(Not offical)

Started by ecube, April 03, 2009, 02:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecube

New release is going to be on the 21st! And there will be a two different versions, 1 will be called GoAsm SDK Studio which consists Ramon Sala's very neat Easy Code IDE(so you can develop visual applications in ASM like in visual basic) and Ketilo's great RadASM IDE!, with a modified version of donkey's .ini to use colors i've used in Masm for years(they're easy on the eyes, but you can change ofcourse)
And the other version will be just the regular SDK. Both versions consists of various new examples,new version of Donkey's headers, and the new preprocessor that adds .if, .elseif, while, .endw etc support as promised.

(is fully customizable, source wise and external config wise, btw in the example below windows.asm in a include in test2.asm)

UtillMasm

BlackVortex

Is there gonna be a new release ? With the preprocessor ?

UtillMasm

:naughty:

no reason to release new version.
:wink

ecube

Quote from: UtillMasm on May 15, 2009, 12:33:14 PM

well i've worked hard on the new(2) versions, even though they're long overdue and I feel bad about that i'm absolutely going to release. If you don't want to use it, that's your preference, but I find programming with the new sdk's is enjoyable and lessens development time a great deal. The more I use GoASM the more I love it, Jeremy is obviously a gifted developer.

BlackVortex

I'm interested in the preprocessor.  Also, would be cool to easily get all the latest gotools and headers, I've lost track because I'm away from my dev PC for some time now.

travism

Ill wait till the new release is out to get it, but im right there with you I love goasm every since i first started using it :) can't thank you all enough that give back to the community and help newblets like me get started with it  :U

UtillMasm

travism

BlackVortex

Quote from: travism on May 19, 2009, 05:05:31 AM
How is the new SDK coming along?
Heh, it's only been 4 days since E^cube said he's still working on it   :toothy

Kernel

Really looking forward to ur sdk !
Also trying to jump over to GoAsm over here.. like many might do soon enough I assumeĀ  :U
I'm sure the missing HL syntax support (.if, .else, ...) is the main reason, why many
wouldn't jump from masm to goasm. So your solution might crack down some walls !

BlackVortex

Check the "runtime conditionals" thread, Jeremy Gordon made a blood pact that he will add those to GoAsm    :toothy

Of course it'd be cool to see this preprocessor, too !

mitchi

BlackVortex

Are you gonna release the preprocessor, e^cube ?

Since it's ready ... until the awesome GoAsm version with runtime conditionals support comes out. Or if you're bored to packahe it officially, PM me the stuff please ?

* BlackVortex pees himself

donkey

Quote from: E^cube on May 15, 2009, 07:33:19 PM
Quote from: UtillMasm on May 15, 2009, 12:33:14 PM

well i've worked hard on the new(2) versions, even though they're long overdue and I feel bad about that i'm absolutely going to release. If you don't want to use it, that's your preference, but I find programming with the new sdk's is enjoyable and lessens development time a great deal. The more I use GoASM the more I love it, Jeremy is obviously a gifted developer.

Hi E^cube,

I have also had problems deciding when to release versions of the headers, its always a difficult call to make, take your time and do it right, I got into the rut of releasing a version every time there was even a minor change and regret it still. I agree that GoAsm is the best of breed as far as assemblers go, that's the reason I have been screaming in a vacuum for so long. It seems it only took the 64 bit headers and your SDK to get some fence sitters to lean our way. For the next little while I am and will be far from home but I have some ideas for a few demos, notably a way to program for .NET from assembly, I will hopefully have time to write an example to include in your SDK when I get back home.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable