MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Firefox passes IE7 usage in Europe

Started by drhowarddrfine, April 01, 2009, 10:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drhowarddrfine

For years I predicted this:
Link
QuoteFirefox 3 has finally surpassed Internet Explorer 7 as the most popular browser in Europe in a breakdown by version number.

ecube

Quote from: drhowarddrfine on April 01, 2009, 10:56:37 AM

well aren't you a genius...because I mean it's not like firefox is open source, cross platform and haven't actively pressured its users to promote it everywhere... seriously drhowarddrfine, and I don't mean this in a kind way, GET-A-LIFE.  Your constant crying and hatred towards IE which is a free product is sad and pathetic. If you don't like it, don't use it, is that simple.

BlackVortex

On a more serious note, what is that creepy comma doing there ?

Bill Cravener

Quote from: E^cube on April 01, 2009, 06:08:12 PM
Quote from: drhowarddrfine on April 01, 2009, 10:56:37 AM

well aren't you a genius...because I mean it's not like firefox is open source, cross platform and haven't actively pressured its users to promote it everywhere... seriously drhowarddrfine, and I don't mean this in a kind way, GET-A-LIFE.  Your constant crying and hatred towards IE which is a free product is sad and pathetic. If you don't like it, don't use it, is that simple.

E^cube,

One does wonder why he bothers to post that here other then to try and stir the pot on a Windows based asm message board. I mean so Europe uses Firefox over IE, so what, I just don't get why it drives mr stooge to continually post anti-IE information here? I guess its whatever rocks your boat so to speak. I mean isn't that why we all come here in the first place? That is to say, to listen to someone hammer Microsoft and its products.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

drhowarddrfine

seriously drhowarddrfine, and I don't mean this in a kind way, GET-A-LIFE.  Your constant crying and hatred towards IE which is a free product is sad and pathetic. If you don't like it, don't use it, is that simple.
Get a life E^Cube. Your constant crying about my posting about IEs downfall is sad and pathetic. You are just like CycleSaddles. If you don't care about my post, don't read them. It's that simple.

drhowarddrfine

It's the web standards cause I'm fighting for folks. Not Firefox, per se. Anything to get the IE browser wittled down and kicked off the market is a global benefit. I don't care Microsoft made it. I only care that it gets eliminated from the planet. Makes my job easier and moves the web forward into modern times.

Use Opera, or Safari or K-Meleon or Konqueror. Anything! Just not IE.

Bill Cravener

Quote from: drhowarddrfine on April 01, 2009, 07:04:32 PM
seriously drhowarddrfine, and I don't mean this in a kind way, GET-A-LIFE.  Your constant crying and hatred towards IE which is a free product is sad and pathetic. If you don't like it, don't use it, is that simple.
Get a life E^Cube. Your constant crying about my posting about IEs downfall is sad and pathetic. You are just like CycleSaddles. If you don't care about my post, don't read them. It's that simple.

No, you are the one that needs to get a life mr stooge, not those of us that disagree with you. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

drhowarddrfine

Quote from: Cycle Saddles on April 01, 2009, 08:23:21 PM
Quote from: drhowarddrfine on April 01, 2009, 07:04:32 PM

No, you are the one that needs to get a life mr stooge, not those of us that disagree with you. :bg
What is there to disagree with?

What's weird is, since this is a technical forum, you would think people would be interested in this. In fact, the fasm board found it interesting, as has every other board I visit. It's on all the technical news magazines and reddit, hacker's news, cnet, zdnet, techcrunch, and on and on but, here, some of you think it's trivial and uninteresting and even shoot the messenger. So it makes me wonder, who is pathetic? Or do some of you have blinders on?

You say you don't care and I need to get a life, yet you are frequently the first to jump in here. It's technical news, good information, yet you want to divert from it. Why do you do that? Why don't you want to learn or, at least, let the information stand on its own and let others judge if it's relevant to them? I know there are some, here, who do find it interesting and informative yet you want to take that away from them.

MichaelW

It is mildly interesting, but how do statistics from a market-share report that reflect a largely subjective choice qualify as "technical news"?
eschew obfuscation

jj2007

Quote from: drhowarddrfine on April 01, 2009, 10:29:43 PM
Or do some of you have blinders on?

Yes, and they work like a spam filter:
IF (posted by drhowarddrfine) {
    switch temporarily to Microsoft-friendly mode
}

Out of curiosity: Is anybody here who uses MSIE? I ask that because whenever I test it, I see plenty of non-working tab-to-space conversions, e.g. here - but nobody seems to bother. Is that because all of us do use other browsers...?

BlackVortex

drhowarddrfine

Quote from: MichaelW on April 02, 2009, 12:42:49 AM
It is mildly interesting, but how do statistics from a market-share report that reflect a largely subjective choice qualify as "technical news"?
The numbers coincide with the European service called Xiti and the five other generally accepted results. NetApps and Xiti get their results from 40,000 web site owners that use their services to monitor web site visitors, for example. So I don't think it's subjective.

Technical news because you use the 'net with a browser. How you view the 'net is shaped by the browser. You may write applications, one day, that run through a browser and there are some on this forum who posted such things just today, I believe.

Well, lookee here: Reuters reports on it, too.

MichaelW

QuoteThe numbers coincide with the European service called Xiti and the five other generally accepted results. NetApps and Xiti get their results from 40,000 web site owners that use their services to monitor web site visitors, for example. So I don't think it's subjective.

The largely subjective choice I'm referring to is the choice of browser. For most people "technical reasons" play only a small part in such decisions, so the statistics do not qualify as "technical news".

eschew obfuscation

sinsi

Wow, 12% are still using IE6. Must be a lot of pre-XP windows users over there.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

BlackVortex

Quote from: sinsi on April 02, 2009, 05:12:04 AM
Wow, 12% are still using IE6. Must be a lot of pre-XP windows users over there.
Not pre-XP, IE 6 is included in the original (no-service-pack) releases of XP and WS2003.