MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Macro question

Started by donkey, February 12, 2009, 06:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

Hi Jeremy,

I was a little bored tonight and thought I would write a useless macro. I should say that I would never plan on using this macro in any code I write but some might. It automates instantiating simple COM interfaces with the addition of the New macro that wraps the CoCreateInstance API. I was wondering why it has problems with the GUID structure...

New(%1) MACRO
#IFNDEF CLSID_%1
constant section
CLSID_%1 GUID GUID_CLSID_%1
IID_I%1 GUID GUID_IID_I%1
code section
#ENDIF
sub esp,4
mov D[esp],0
push esp
push offset IID_I%1
push CLSCTX_ALL
push NULL
push offset CLSID_%1
call CoCreateInstance
pop eax
ENDM

GUID is defined as follows...

GUID STRUCT
Data1 dd
Data2 dw
Data3 dw
Data4 db
db
db
db
db
db
db
db
ENDS

A typical GUID would be defined as follows in the headers:

#define GUID_CLSID_HxSession <0x31411198,0xA502,0x11D2,0xBB,0xCA,0x00,0xC0,0x4F,0x8E,0xC2,0x94>
#define GUID_IID_IHxSession <0x31411192,0xA502,0x11D2,0xBB,0xCA,0x00,0xC0,0x4F,0x8E,0xC2,0x94>

Since all of my headers use the syntax GUID_IID_Interface and GUID_CLSID_Class, the usage for New would look like this

New(HxSession)
mov [pIHxSession], eax

However I get the following error when I try to assemble it...

QuoteInvalid data declaration:-
dd
Defined in Line 30 of assembler source file (HxSessionDemo.asm):
New(%1) MACRO

Just wondering where logic failed me here, as long as the CLSID/IID is defined there is no problem and the macro works as advertised, however when #IFNDEF is true then I get the error.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

ToutEnMasm

Hello,
If you are able to make a routine as GetObject in the vb,wmi,... langage I will help you.
But this one seems to be only another syntax of cocreateinstance.
I try to make a real translate of GetObject (in vb,wmi,..),but seems that knowledge of the registry key go to a wall.
Searching to the registry base seems to be the soluce,I am right ?.
For example CLSID are all  in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID,perhaps GetObject make a search in it ?

donkey

Hi ToutEnMasm,

I was just bored, I don't generally use any macros other than CoInvoke, don't like them much.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

ToutEnMasm

Too bad, i was just searching a help to write something useful for com connection.
I am writing something to find a CLSID with an interface registry key.
What I search to made,is a proc that replace the Getobject,New... of basic,script ...langage.
Seems to me is it possible,not ?

donkey

Hi ToutEnMasm,

Here's something I started a while back as a RadASM addin, I don't know the state of the project anymore but its a start for you. It enumerates all interfaces and output a GUID for that particular IID, it is no great leap to have it do the TLBID and CLSID as well but I lost interest in the project as I have most interfaces defined already in the header project.

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

jorgon

Hi Edgar

I'm looking into this one, and will come back to you.

Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)

jorgon

Edgar

Thanks for the bug report and the fix is here (GoAsm version 0.56.5b).

Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)