News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Help please

Started by JayPee, February 20, 2009, 03:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayPee

I am new to assembly and have manage to program  a simple internet radio by converting some MASM32 code I found to GoAsm.

I want to add a VU meter but being new to windows programing I am not certain on how to go about it. I have been playing with a piece of code that does a similar function however I have trouble converting the following

Mov bmp.bmiColors[Eax * SizeOf bmp.bmiColors].rgbRed, 0
      Mov bmp.bmiColors[Eax * SizeOf bmp.bmiColors].rgbGreen, Bl
      Mov bmp.bmiColors[Eax * SizeOf bmp.bmiColors].rgbBlue, 0

I would appreciate any help you can give plus also a guide to writing a graphical VU meter

Thanks in Advance
JayPee
Greetings From New Zealand
(Land of the Long White Cloud)

donkey

Hi JayPee,

Well bmp appears to be a BITMAPINFO structure and the member bmiColors is an RGBQUAD structure (4 btyes). So it should be translated something like this :

mov B[bmp.bmiColors+EAX*4+RGBQUAD.rgbRed],0

Or at least that's what it looks like to me, I would need to take a closer look at what the program is doing to make sure.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

JayPee

Hi Donkey

Thank you for your help, the modified code compiled ok but still hasn't fixed my problem - never mind I thnk I have bitten of more than I can chew at the moment :bdg will carry on learning more about the graphic functions so I get a better understanding before uploading the code for you to look at.

Once again thanks for your help

Kind regards
JayPee
Greetings From New Zealand
(Land of the Long White Cloud)