News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

OpenGL debugger for 64bit app?

Started by Igor, February 11, 2009, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor

Are there any OpenGL debuggers for 64bit applications in Windows?

gDEBugger and glslDevil only have support for 32bit apps. Didn't find anything on ATI developer pages, nVidia PerfKit doesn't work on ATI hardware...  ::)

GregL

I'm not sure what you want for OpenGL, but I've been using WinDbg for x64.

Install Debugging Tools for Windows 64-bit Version

The Pelle's C 64-bit debugger works well too.

Pelles C

Igor

I'm getting black screen, something is silently failing on me and i wanted to see from OpenGL debugger if i am sending values that i think i'm sending :)

Basically i'm just converting working 32bit code into 64bit but it's not working anymore, i even tried converting smallest OpenGL example that i could find and didn't succeed with that either.

UPDATE: I found where the problem was in converting nehe sample...
I was drawing a black triangle on a black background  :lol exactly the same code produces a white triangle in 32bit and a black triangle in 64bit so it appears that they default to different colors.
And problem in my original project was that i was loading some floating point values as double precision instead of single precision float. So to sum up, everything is solved.

I'm attaching working x64 conversion and original x86 files if someone needs it to get started with OpenGL in 64bit.
BTW. it's weird not to allow rar uploads, its like 11KB in rar vs 29KB in zip. To much space on servers huh?  :toothy

[attachment deleted by admin]

GregL

Igor,

Thanks for posting that. I'm just getting started in x64 asm, so I can use examples.