MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Missing expected INVOKE after ARG

Started by daver, February 02, 2009, 09:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daver

Hi,

I thought Id give GoAsm a quick whirl, however I seem to have fallen at the first hurdle. Ive have downloaded version 0.56.4m of the assembler and am trying to compile the helloworld1.asm  example program ( http://www.jorgon.freeserve.co.uk/GoasmHelp/Hello64World1 ) but the assembler issues the following error message:

C:\Users\dave>goasm /x64 helloworld.asm
GoAsm.Exe Version 0.56.4m - Copyright Jeremy Gordon 2001/9 - JG@JGnet.co.uk
Error!
Line 24 of assembler source file (helloworld.asm):-
Missing expected INVOKE after ARG
OBJ file not made
C:\Users\dave>

My platform is Vista 64 Business. Not sure if I'm missing something here ?

Cheers
Dave

jorgon

Hi Daver

Thanks for reporting this.
I shall look into this and come back to you asap.

Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)

jorgon

Hi Daver

A bad mistake on my part - I made some changes to GoAsm and forgot to amend the 64-bit area of code to suit.

Anyway I have now dealt with this and the new version of GoAsm 0.56.5 is available from here.

daver

Hi Jorgon,

Ok thanks for that  :U . However it appears the zip contains the old exe file still.

Cheers
Dave

jorgon

Dave

Would you mind trying again - for me it is definitely the correct exe in there!  Could it be that the old file is in your cache somehow?

If not, I can post it here.

daver

Hi jorgon,

Your quite right, it was my cache.  Ive not seen this problem on Seamonkey ( or any browser ) for a long long time, so it didn't occur to me at all . In fact I've not been at all impressed with latest Seamonkey for various other reasons , but I digress, your fix seems to have done the job, many thanks  :U

Cheers
Dave