MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Compiler warning

Started by gabe, January 17, 2009, 08:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabe

Hello,
When I try to compile any program I always get the following warning:
QuoteStructure template still open at close of ..  wingdi.inc (start of search was at line 2795)  Outstanding #if, #elif, #elseif, #ifdef or #ifndef at close of ..  wingdi.inc
I'm using latest ECGo which has GoAsm  0.56.4m, version 0.56.4d doesn't display that warning.

donkey

Hi gabe,

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure of the include file that you are using but as the message says there is an unclosed structure and at least one incomplete conditional assembly block in it. You will have to go through it to find the source of the problem, the issue here is not with GoAsm or GoLink. If you could zip and post the include file I will take a look for you, I am getting pretty quick at trouble shooting header files ;)
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

gabe

I think it's the compiler, because GoAsm 0.56.4d doesn't display that warning or doesn't check the header file. The header is from ECGo package.
Here it is:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/347052/wingdi.zip
Thanks for helping.

donkey

Hi gabe,

it is definitely not the compiler, the following structure is wrong...

line 2795
EMRPOLYTEXTOUTA Struct
   emr EMR <>
   rclBounds RECTL <>
   iGraphicsMode DD
   exScale DD
   eyScale DD
   cStrings DD
   aemrtext EMRTEXT <>
#Define EMRPOLYTEXTOUTW         EMRPOLYTEXTOUTA

Missing an ENDS statement, should be

EMRPOLYTEXTOUTA Struct
   emr EMR <>
   rclBounds RECTL <>
   iGraphicsMode DD
   exScale DD
   eyScale DD
   cStrings DD
   aemrtext EMRTEXT <>
ENDS
#Define EMRPOLYTEXTOUTW         EMRPOLYTEXTOUTA

This is the source of all of your errors.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Ramon Sala

Hi gabe,

I have been watching the wingdi.inc file and it had a structure not properly closed, so I fixed the error. I cannot attach the modified file which solves the problem as it is 17,5 KB in size, so I uploaded to the website. You can download it at:

http://easycode.cat/English/Download/wingdi.zip

Please replace the wingdi.inc file in the \GoAsm\Include folder with the one you download from the link above. I'll send this file to Jeremy Gordon in order to be replaced in the ECGo package.

Sorry and thanks for your report.

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

gabe

jorgon

QuoteI'll send this file to Jeremy Gordon in order to be replaced in the ECGo package.

I confirm that the ECGo package available from www.GoDevTool.com is now updated with all the latest include files.

Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)

Ramon Sala

Greetings from Catalonia