News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Programs that need to be written

Started by shankle, October 19, 2008, 03:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shankle

Not sure if this is in the correct place so please forgive.

Maybe a forum should be created for Programs That Need To Be Written by Assembler Guys.
I once suggested that a good duplicate Bridge program, something like the BBO, needs to be
written.
Now I'm finding that Acronis True Image is either mismanaged or their programs are being
beta tested on the public for money. Their new version 2009 (according to the guys on the
Wilders site) is a disaster. I'm sticking with Acronis TI 11. I use it ONLY for a full backup
and restore. I don't use any of the other frills as they are full of bugs. And doing that I have
no problems with it. BUT I am losing faith in the management of the company. Norton won't
ever get on my Puter. Surly you guys out there could write a better backup program than
what Acronis seems to be able to do. It's much needed.
The greatest crime in my country is our Congress

vanjast

Quote from: shankle on October 19, 2008, 03:08:23 PM
BUT I am losing faith in the management of the company.
Been there, done that... My policy in this regard, is that I find myself another job, and leave on good terms.
Managers will come and go - the difference that you must understand is that Managers are 'politicians' - no more said.
They rely on your skills to make them look good - So you 'demand' a price... and if they do not appreciate your price, you move on.
It's the way I do it... I lose some but win some, but in the end I gain a lot more, as I have the technical skills which are independent of office politics.

:wink

Vortex

Hi shankle,

Did you try the imageX tool? It's file based imaging utility and you can run it from a Vista PE boot disc.

A free backup tool is DriveImage XML :

http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm

shankle

Thanks guys for replying.
I haven't tried DriveImage but it's certainly worth taking a look at.
Macrium is another one that might be OK.
The greatest crime in my country is our Congress