News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Vista Task Dialogs

Started by redskull, November 30, 2008, 11:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redskull

If anyone is interested, here are my notes from adventuring around with Task Dialogs, edited and with examples.  Say what you will about Vista, but these things are the most useful thing to come out of Windows since the start menu.  Perhaps it will help newcomers to the assembly game, or maybe even convince crotchety old-timers to get with the program (pun intended :wink)

astro.temple.edu/~tua59196/TaskDialogs.zip

-alan
Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government

dacid

good work!  :U thx for sharin!

I have one question... it is posibble to make the kind of dialog wich have a "More information" button wich makes the dialogs grows and show up more information?

Excuse my poor english.

Bill Cravener

Thats a very nice set of examples redskull, thanks for teaching this old guy new stuff!
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

Jupiter

EnJoy!

redskull

Quote from: dacid on December 01, 2008, 08:42:24 AMit is posibble to make the kind of dialog wich have a "More information" button...

All you should have to do is add the three strings and set the appropriate flags, and it should work itself out.  They are:

pszCollapsedControlText - The button label when collapsed
pszExpandedControlText - The button label when expanded
pszExpandedInformation - The actual information you want to display

TDF_EXPAND_FOOTER_AREA - Toggles between information in the footer, or directly after the button
TDF_EXPANDED_BY_DEFAULT - Start with the information collapsed or not by default

-ac
Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government