News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Programming Tools under Dos

Started by hungerTom, October 27, 2008, 10:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hungerTom

No, the config subdir exists, its just not compiling the config file due to some error.
I'm very much in a rush right now, but I'll post the message for you here, once I find the time....
Gotta catch that train...

Rockphorr

Quote from: hungerTom on October 28, 2008, 11:00:14 PM
QuoteUnfortunately an editor is a personal taste.
That is so true...I just asked because I'm not all that familiar with programs and utilities that were popular and in use at the time dos was mainly in use.

I tried what you suggested, and it doesn't really fit. I need something simple, and EDIT would be fine for me, had it some form of syntax highlighting (read, more colours) and a few other enhancements that would make it suck not quite as hard (to me)...
I've also tried a program called pedit, which was fine(felt very much like edit), again just missing maybe a few colours...

The problem I'm having when searching for something fitting is that very few of these programs seem to have a website, and even less tend so supply screen-shots of their interfaces, making it very a tedious affair finding the right one, because it basically means testing every single one...

I'm depending on your help here, great dinosaurs of the dos-age!!  :wink

Any more suggestions??

You can apply last programming techinues in DOS.
Just addapt it. Only it is a problem.
Strike while the iron is hot - Бей утюгом, пока он горячий