News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

linux kmake

Started by DarkWolf, October 26, 2008, 10:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkWolf

sevag I am trying to build kmake for linux and this is the only error I am getting:

$ hla *.hla
Error in file "/home/sean/HLA/include/macros/maclib.hhf" at line 48 [errid:110999/hlaparse.c]:
syntax error, unexpected LocalID.
Near: <<   >>

Error in file "/home/sean/HLA/include/macros/maclib.hhf" at line 48 [errid:110999/hlaparse.c]:
syntax error, unexpected '('.
Near: << ( >>

Error in file "/home/sean/HLA/include/macros/maclib.hhf" at line 50 [errid:48005/hlaparse.bsn]:
Undefined symbol.
Near: << _strData_ >>

Error in file "/home/sean/HLA/include/macros/maclib.hhf" at line 52 [errid:5512/hla.flx]:
Unexpected #endmacro.
Near: << #endmacro >>

maclib.hhf

//=========================================================================\\

// Use:

// myStr :zstr ( "This is a zero terminated, dword aligned string" );

#macro zstr ( _strData_ );

byte; @nostorage;

byte _strData_,0;

align(4);

#endmacro;
--
Where's there's smoke, There are mirrors.
Give me Free as in Freedom not Speech or Beer.
Thank You and Welcome to the Internet.

Sevag.K

I haven't run Linux in a long time, but it looks like you are using an older version of the include libraries.

"zstr" is now a built-in HLA keyword so the macro has been depricated and should be renamed "mzstr."
That should fix the problem you're encountering.

However, the latest version of kmake _probably_ needs the latest version of hidelib, so if you encounter errors while running it, you'll probably need to build the latest hidelib.a for linux.  That won't be fun since I don't have a script for building it written.

I'm due for a big update on everything but waiting for the latest stable HLA and hlalib to be formalized before doing anything since Randall seems to be overhauling the internals.